Recreational Class Registration Form 2019-2020
Dear Dance Student, Parent/Guardian, or Friend,
WELCOME (OR WELCOME BACK) TO PROPELLER DANCE!
We are so pleased to have you be a part of the Propeller Dance community through our classes! Below you will find important information, so please read carefully.
Class Information And Expectations
- The safety and well-being of each student is essential. Please communicate with the teacher or our co-directors about how we can make the experience as positive as possible.
- Each class has one or more co-teachers, or dance partner specialists. These supports are there to ensure a safe and effective learning environment and assist in facilitating a positive dance experience. IF additional support is required, we welcome you to arrange for a care person to accompany you or the student. The support person will be asked either to participate as an equal student in the dance class or to wait outside the studio until their assistance is needed if they choose not to dance. There is no cost for the support person to attend or participate.
- Please arrive to class approximately 15 minutes before start time so you have enough time to take off outdoor clothing and footwear and get settled in.
- We ask that you inform the teacher as far in advance as possible if you will be absent from class.
- Classes can be done in bare feet, clean indoor soft-soled running shoes, or ballet type slippers. No slippery-soled shoes, no socks.
- Students are required to attend class in clean clothes in good repair. Personal hygiene is important. Please be respectful of others you are dancing with.
- On rainy, slushy, or snowy days, please bring a cloth to wipe down your wheelchair wheels. (You can ask a dance partner specialist to help you!)
- Propeller staff or volunteers will not be able to toilet students or change students if soiled. Students will be accompanied to the outside door of the bathroom, and staff will wait for them outside as needed.
Student Code Of Conduct
- A positive and productive learning environment for our dancers and staff is essential. Dancers are expected to behave respectfully toward their teachers, dance partner specialists, volunteers and classmates.
- Discrimination of any kind (ie. on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, language, race, disability or religion) will not be tolerated.
- Propeller Dance reserves the right to suspend or dismiss any student whose conduct or attitude is inappropriate or disrespectful towards teachers and classmates, including: Physical intimidation or injury, verbal harassment, sexual harassment, bullying or coercion, including by cell phone, on the internet, or in social media. Propeller reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for breaches of conduct.
- If you witness any behavior by anyone in your classes that concerns you or another classmate, please take appropriate action and notify your dance teachers immediately.
300 Pères-Blancs Ave
|Fall 2019, September 16-November 25 (10 classes)||$ 126.00|
|Winter/Spring 2020, January 6-May 11 (16 classes)||$ 202.00|
|Select 'I will bring payment by cash or cheque to the first class' in the payment section if you would like information before making a payment|