Recreational Class Registration Form 2020/2021
Dear Dance Student, Parent/Guardian, or Friend,
WELCOME TO PROPELLER DANCE!
We are so pleased to have you be a part of the Propeller Dance community through our VIRTUAL classes! Below you will find important information, so please read carefully. This information will also be emailed to you once you are registered.
ONLINE CLASS INFORMATION AND TIPS
- The safety and well-being of each student is essential. Please communicate with the teacher or our co-directors about how we can make the experience as positive as possible.
- Each class has one or more co-teachers, or dance partner specialists. These supports are there to ensure a safe and effective learning environment and assist in facilitating a positive dance experience. We also encourage a housemate or family member to be around in case of technical difficulties or emergencies. Their presence (even if it is just checking in once in a while) can help facilitate a great experience for you when we cannot be there!
- We ask that you inform the teacher as far in advance as possible if you will be absent from class.
- Please ensure before the class that your space is clear of any obstacles that might be a barrier to a full range of movement. We recommend a flat space with no rug, a minimum area of 4 feet by 4 feet. Be safe!
- To participate, we recommend using a large screen (ie computer or television). Zoom can be enabled on a phone or ipad, but you will not be able to necessarily see all other classmates and the visuals may not be as effective or accessible.
- Situate yourself in the centre of your screen so that the teacher can see your whole body for the best learning experience. Ensure there is enough lighting to see you clearly.
- Make sure you have water on hand and make sure that you are not dancing on an empty or too full stomach!
STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT
- A positive and productive learning environment for our dancers and staff is essential. Dancers are expected to behave respectfully toward their teachers, dance partner specialists, volunteers and classmates.
- Discrimination of any kind (ie. on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, language, race, disability or religion) will not be tolerated.
- Propeller Dance reserves the right to suspend or dismiss any student whose conduct or attitude is inappropriate or disrespectful towards teachers and classmates, including: Physical intimidation or injury, verbal harassment, sexual harassment, bullying or coercion, including by cell phone, on the internet, or in social media. Propeller reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for breaches of conduct.
- If you witness any behavior by anyone in your classes that concerns you or another classmate, please take appropriate action and notify your dance teachers immediately.
|LIVE CLASSES ON ZOOM November 7, November 14, November 21, November 28, December 5||$ 50.00|
|LIVE CLASSES ON ZOOM Jan 16, 23, 30, Feb 6, 20, 27, Mar 6, 27||$ 80.00|