THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED
We are searching for a change-maker to join a small yet resourceful team. Propeller is growing and seeking a dedicated professional to assist us in getting to the next level – touring our work to dance, integrated and disability arts festivals within Canada and internationally and further developing our professional training programs for children, youth, adults. The General Manager will oversee general administration and lead Propeller Dance’s office and program coordination, marketing/communications of both the company and community level work, and assist with fundraising and budgeting to meet artistic goals. Job tasks for the General Manager include grant writing, coordinating recreational programming, preparing contracts, and database management. We are looking for a resourceful and creative individual who wants to grow with the organization. Candidates should be passionate about Propeller’s mandate and professional arts and education work and have:
- Arts administration training and high level of expertise
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with a variety of groups: media, staff, organizations, artists, audiences, and volunteers with a variety of access needs.
- Leadership capabilities and management experience, preferably in non-profit management
- Proven fundraising experience
- High degree of project coordination and management experience
- Excellent marketing-communications experience
- Be an independent self-starter with high organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Understanding of issues related to disability, diversity, and knowledge of dance sector preferred
- Ability to work in English and French a strong asset
This is a full time contract position. (Possibility of part-time is an option).
Deadline: November 15, 2016
Please send a resume, cover letter, and writing samples (excerpt of grants, reports, press releases etc.) and include salary expectations.
Apply by email only to: email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted. All applications will be held in confidence. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, and priority will be given to those who self-identity as having a disability.