POSTPONED from May 13th to June 3rd – EveryBODY Dances Moving Sculpture
Join or watch 50 dancers as they move from GCTC (corner of Holland & Wellington) to Somerset Square (corner of Wellington & Somerset). Directed by Shara Weaver.
- 12 noon – preparations starting at GCTC, 1233 Wellington Street West (Holland & Wellington). Audience members wanting to join the dancers as part of the sculpture are asked to arrive at 12 noon.
- 1 pm – 2pm – the Moving Sculpture begins moving east along Wellington Street to Somerset Square (Somerset & Wellington)
- 2:30 pm – outside Dance Performance at Somerset Square!
Postponed to June 3rd: Because of the weather forecast for rain on May 13th, the EveryBODY Dances Moving Sculpture event will now take place on Saturday, June 3rd.
July 16 – Inclusive Propeller Dance Party
Families and people of all ages and abilities are invited to create and dance at Ottawa’s first-ever public dance event! An artistic collaboration between Propeller and composer musician Jesse Stewart.
- At 1pm, National Arts Centre, 1 Elgin Street
Aug 31 – Creating Dance
Outdoor rehearsal demonstration of how integrated dance choreography really works. Fascinating!
- From 3pm, Shenkman Centre outdoor Agora, 245 Centrum Blvd
Sep 9 – The Wild Life
Taking dance out of the theatre and into the wilds of this outdoor sculpture park. Watch Propeller Dance’s creative process as they incorporate large-scale sculptural pieces by visual artist Marc Walter into this demonstration. Directed by Renata Soutter, in collaboration with Propeller Company Dancers, Sioned Watkins and musician Jesse Stewart.
- At 2pm, Canadensis Garden near Fletcher Wildlife Garden, Experimental Farm Arboretum
Photo: Andrew Alexander